SHOW US WHY YOU LOVE THE MUSHROOM HOUSE WITH YOUR CREATIVITY & ART!
STUDENTS, WIN A SCHOLARSHIP BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY IN OUR VISUAL ARTS CONTEST!
The new owners of Rochester’s amazing “Mushroom House” want to share architect James Johnson’s masterpiece with the community and to encourage young artists in their pursuit of excellence! In partnership with rental agent Rich Testa of HUNT Real Estate ERA, we invite students from kindergarten through graduate school to enter our visual arts contest using the home as their inspiration!
1st PLACE IN EACH AGE GROUP WINS A SCHOLARSHIP!
- GRADES K-6: One scholarship to the Memorial Art Gallery Summer Camp of your choice—scholarship generously provided by the Memorial Art Gallery Creative Workshop
- GRADES 7-12: One $500 scholarship to the educational institution of your choice
- COLLEGE & GRADUATE STUDENTS: One $500 scholarship to the educational institution of your choice
2nd Place in each age group: $25 gift certificate to the Cheesecake Factory, plus a Mushroom House Mug & T-Shirt
3rd Place in each age group: Mushroom House Mug & T-Shirt
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
2. Stay tuned for the announcement of the winning entries, along with an unveiling of the pieces at the fall open house!
Since the house is a piece of art, submit entries that have artistic reflections on the house, the overall look and setting, the architecture, the feelings or images it inspires in any medium including:
- Sculpture—ceramic, wood, mobile
- Printmaking / Silk-screening
- Textile art
- Photography (Delivered on CD and hard copy)
- Digital design (Delivered on CD and hard copy)
Let your imagination take you anywhere, and have fun, because that is what this house is all about--art, imagination, warmth and fun!
SEE CONTEST RULES HERE!